Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to obtain a delivery time? Unfortunately, no. There are many factors beyond our control that affect the time of your delivery and make it difficult to provide a window. Our dispatcher organizes the delivery schedule the morning of the delivery date. The schedule may be re-arranged for a number of reasons: Avoid traffic and accidents, mechanical issues with our trucks or equipment, delays of inventory deliveries to our garden center, customers who do not have a clear marker for dump site, and cars that need to be moved. We handle these issues as they occur and therefore we must maintain a flexible delivery schedule.
2) Can I receive my delivery in the morning? We suggest you have your material delivered 1-2 days before you need to use it. Please see above for the reasons why we do not offer set delivery times.
3) Do I need to be home for my delivery? Since we can't give specific delivery times, you do not need to be home for the delivery. As a result, we ask that you please leave a clear marker at the dump site.
4) What are the benefits of using mulch? Using mulch may enhance the look of your landscaped lawn, trees, and shrubs. Mulch insulates the soil helping to provide a buffer from heat and cold temperatures. Mulch retains water helping to keep the roots moist. Mulch keeps weeds out to help prevent root competition. Mulch prevents soil compaction. Mulch reduces lawn mower damage.
5) How much mulch do I need? We recommend using this easy-to-use mulch calculator to determine how much mulch you'll want to order.
6) What is a cubic yard? One cubic yard of mulch covers 100 square feet at three inches deep. You can also use a standard equation where you find the total square footage of the beds you want to cover. Then divide the square footage by 100 to get the number of cubic yards required.
7) Where are you able to dump my purchased materials? It is important to carefully think through where you would like us to place the product you are ordering. Our trucks can hold a maximum of 25 cubic yards. We discourage dumping your purchase in any location that requires the wheels of the truck to leave a hard surface - paving, concrete, asphalt or packed gravel or dirt. We typically deliver to a location on the homeowner's driveway. Marking the location by spreading a tarp on the driveway before the time of delivery is especially helpful. Be sure to pay attention to overhead wires or tree limbs. The truck bed has to tilt to dump the mulch so it requires sufficient overhead clearance. Our truck requires at least 18 feet of overhead clearance.
8) Why should I refrain from installing my colored mulch in the rain? Colored mulch and rain can be a bad combination if the mulch is sitting on a concrete driveway. This combination can lead to staining of the concrete.
9) Why should I specifically use playground mulch for play areas?
Is your topsoil screened? Yes.
10) Why won't you deliver top soil in the rain? Topsoil is best used when it is dry. Once it becomes wet, it makes it difficult to work with.
11) Can I pick up mulch in my own vehicle? Yes - We are open 7 days per week.
12) Are landscapers welcome? Yes - We are more than happy to accomodate people in the trade!
Delivery Disclaimer - We will not be held liable or responsible for any damages occurring to personal property past the curb line. Please note that the size/weight of trucks, machines and materials we are delivering could possibly damage the driveway, sidewalk, house, garage, buildings, vehicles, lawns, shrubs, utility wires, underground systems, or any other items or property, real or personal located at the delivery site including possible staining from natural or dyed materials.